Woman's Weekly magazine (10 December 1983 - British Edition)
Woman's Weekly magazine (10 December 1983 - British Edition) Fair to good condition - read once - yellowing to some pages due to age - there is an address written in pen at top of the front cover
DAVID YIP - 3 page interview
SEWING - "Decorations to dazzle"
Items to decorate the Christmas includes
Includes instructions to make:
- Snowbabies (little snow people (little dolls) about 6 inches high (designed by Jean Greenhowe))
- Patchwork baubles
- Ladies sweater with bold stripes of red and white overpatterned with black [shown on front cover]
- Child's patterned crew neck sweater with side fastening, plus leg warmers, pull-on hat and mitts [sweater to fit chest sizes: 22, 24, 26 inch]
COOKERY - "Only the best for Christmas"
Recipes for a complete turkey dinner and all the trimmings
(Includes the following recipes: Fruity apple stuffing for turkey; Cranberry/Bread/Brandy/Cumberland sauce; Rum butter; Giblet gravy; Christmas beef; Festive stuffed pork; Yuletide bacon; Duck with cranberry and orange glaze; Salmon with creamy cucumber sauce; Cheesy nut loaf; Brussels sprouts with lemon and mustard butter; Parsnips and apples with a port glaze; Oven-baked carrots and onions; Chocolate meringue layer; Old fashioned trifle)
(Plus instructions on roasting the bird and cooking times; and which wine to serve with which food)
Full-page advertisement pages:
- Milk advertisement (with recipe for Tropical Trifle)
- Iona food processor (with picture of Diana Dors) [double-page advertisement]
- Sarson's Worcester sauce (with recipe for 'Worcester Pork Chops' and 'Welsh Rarebit')
- Wilkin & Sons Ltd Tiptree preserves
OUR SHOP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE. WE WILL BE OPEN AGAIN SOON
Discover a huge choice of vintage magazines with thousands of best-selling weekly and monthly publications from the 1930s to the present day. If you're an avid fan or collector, we may just have the item you've been searching for. Our vintage magazines make fabulous gifts, so why not treat friends or family to something really unique. From music to fashion and celebrity to crafts - we've something for everyone!