Woman's Weekly magazine (10 December 1983 - British Edition)
1 in stock.
Woman's Weekly magazine (10 December 1983 - British Edition) Fair to good condition - read once - yellowing to some pages due to age - there is an address written in pen at top of the front cover
DAVID YIP - 3 page interview
SEWING - "Decorations to dazzle"
Items to decorate the Christmas includes
Includes instructions to make:
- Snowbabies (little snow people (little dolls) about 6 inches high (designed by Jean Greenhowe))
- Patchwork baubles
- Ladies sweater with bold stripes of red and white overpatterned with black [shown on front cover]
- Child's patterned crew neck sweater with side fastening, plus leg warmers, pull-on hat and mitts [sweater to fit chest sizes: 22, 24, 26 inch]
COOKERY - "Only the best for Christmas"
Recipes for a complete turkey dinner and all the trimmings
(Includes the following recipes: Fruity apple stuffing for turkey; Cranberry/Bread/Brandy/Cumberland sauce; Rum butter; Giblet gravy; Christmas beef; Festive stuffed pork; Yuletide bacon; Duck with cranberry and orange glaze; Salmon with creamy cucumber sauce; Cheesy nut loaf; Brussels sprouts with lemon and mustard butter; Parsnips and apples with a port glaze; Oven-baked carrots and onions; Chocolate meringue layer; Old fashioned trifle)
(Plus instructions on roasting the bird and cooking times; and which wine to serve with which food)
Full-page advertisement pages:
- Milk advertisement (with recipe for Tropical Trifle)
- Iona food processor (with picture of Diana Dors) [double-page advertisement]
- Sarson's Worcester sauce (with recipe for 'Worcester Pork Chops' and 'Welsh Rarebit')
- Wilkin & Sons Ltd Tiptree preserves